We experienced yet another phenomenal worship time. The Team is hungry for God and God is meeting that need at every turn. The deeper this Team is going the more revelation God is pouring into their hearts. What an awesome Bootcamp experience we have had so far and it seems to get better and better each day!
Today we heard from the father of nations David Tabor! This man and his wife Kathleen have pioneered and led many King’s Kids and Ao1 teams over the last 25 to 30 years. The are the founders of Solid Rock Foundation Ministries which Audience of One is a ministry arm of. David is affectionately know as Granddad to almost everyone on the Team. He has 4 grandchildren on the team, Shannon, Shae, Natasha and Tayne and his daughter Megan and son-in-law Geoff are leading this team. He is also a basketball coach to many of the young ladies on the team. He and Kathleen have an incredible legacy which is due to their passion for and obedience to Father God.
David touched on many important subjects, one being the validation of God’s power and anointing upon young people and their purpose in the body of Christ. He also spoke on motivational gifts. It was so cool listening to the boys recount his words over dinner and just how much it impacted them. See some of the gems he shared below:
- God uses young people in a tremendous way. Samuel was recognized and respected by his words. Daniel remained attached and committed to God in captivity.
- Kids are leaders of Christianity today/ Youth can do a lot with their hearts and minds
- God doesn’t look at the flesh, He looks at the heart
- 1) Make a choice (There’s nothing too big for “I AM”) (2) Decide to walk ahead (Prov 5:25-27) (3) Do not turn back (Luke 9:62) (4) Perseverance (James 1:2-4
- Don’t walk in pride and arrogance
- Walk in humility and be blameless – Being perfect is an attitude of the heart
- Our relationship with God brings: 1) Clarity of mind (1Peter 4:7) (2) Wisdom (Proverbs 9:10) (3) Knowledge (Psalm 119:66; Proverbs 1:7) (4) Spiritual gifts
- Motivtional gifts (Romans 12) 1 Peter 4:11-12 Mouth gifts – More visible, Hand gifts – More behind the scenes
We were blessed tonight with a meal that consisted of pulled pork, twice-baked potato, salad, carrot cake and ice-cream from Anne and Tim Gibbins. Rest assured parents, we have eaten very well throughout this Bootcamp with home cooked meals every night. Friday night was a night full of pranks, After the Team cleaned up for dinner several games ensued on the field. As the boys left for showers, just to rinse off the girls decided to put their beds and bedding on the roof. The boys retaliated after midnight with air horns, silly string and the like. It was all in good fun but boy we had some tired kids the next day, including Megan and I.